The BlueStacks emulator allows you to download and play Subway Surfers on computers and laptops. Here’s how to use the installer on Windows and MacOS devices.
Basics about BlueStacks
BlueStacks is an emulator for running Android applications on PCs and laptops with Windows and Mac operating systems. The program also supports PlayStation and Xbox devices (you can switch between gamepad, mouse + keyboard control). Starting from the 3rd generation, the software is completely free and with occasional ads.
Minimum installer requirements:
- Video card with OpenGL 2.0 support;
- 5 GB of free hard disk space;
- At least 4 GB of RAM. The best option is 6 GB;
- AMD or Intel processor with BIOS visualization enabled;
- Generation of OS Windows 7 and above.
PC mismatch with system requirements is the main mistake when installing software. If available, we recommend downloading the oldest version of the program from the official website of the developer.
If the software is installed but does not start, end all processes that load RAM (through the “Task Manager”).
They slow down the download and operation of the emulator (it is recommended to disable):
- Hypervisors VirtualBox and Hyper-V;
- Antivirus programs.
The utility supports full screen and windowed modes. Works with all games and other applications of the Google Play store. Collaboration with many developers is carried out directly. Due to this, the risk of blocking accounts and the speed of applications are minimized.
Step by step installation instructions
To play Subway Surf on a PC or laptop, you need to follow several steps in sequence:
- Download and extract the BlueStacks app from the official website. Download address bluestacks.com. In the process, you need to select the directory where the program will be placed, check / uncheck the boxes for the ability to access the App Store and software communication (you can leave it), accept the “User Agreement“.
- To access the Google Play store, log in to your Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, create one.
- Go to the Play Store and enter the name of the game in the search box located at the top of the screen.
- Click on the green “Install” button after displaying the search results.
- Click on the “Accept” button in the permissions window for the game.
Wait for the files to finish downloading to your computer system. After downloading, a new icon will appear on the desktop.
- To launch and start the game, click on the new desktop shortcut. To control the actions of the characters, use the mouse and keyboard. Emulation on PC fully preserves the behavior of the game in the Android OS.
Subway Surfers won’t start – solution
If the installer itself opens, but does not allow Subway Surf to start, then the application needs a cache unpacked to the wrong directory. The solution is to delete the game files and download them again. After – unpacking the cache in the sd-card / andoid / obb or sd-card / andoid / data folder.
Other possible problems:
- Graphic type incompatibility. In the BlueStacks settings in the Engine menu, change DirectX to OpenGL or vice versa;
- Lack of resources. In the same section, increase the number of processor cores and available RAM;
- Lack of administrator rights. Error code Error 1406. Go to “Control Panel” in “My Computer“. Click Local Users, after Administrator. Uncheck the “Deactivate account” box. Delete and re-download the game files.
If the problem persists, please contact BlueStacks Technical Support.